Thursday, December 31, 2009

I've been waiting for you.

“Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” ―Hal Borland

It's 2010. I have no idea what this year has in store for me. And.that.is.so.exciting. The idea of new dreams, unending possibilities, fresh horizons and opportunities I could never have imagined for myself is almost overwhelming. But in a good way. This year I want to keep my hands out wide open waiting for whatever God has in store for me. I want to be completely surrendered to Him not expecting anything in return but knowing anything can happen. I long to rejoice in the good times as well as through the hard times no matter how challenging they may be. I want to wake up each morning with great expectancy knowing that even the ordinary and monotonous things that each day brings are gifts. I want to love more, hug more, forgive more, rejoice more, give more, learn more and grow more. I don’t think it is wrong to dream, want or desire things as long as I keep my hands open and surrendered to God. Whatever I get, whatever comes my way and whatever happens this year is just icing on the cake. I have the sweetest gift of all and nothing has ever or will ever compare to that. And that is the gift of Salvation. I don’t need anything else because He has gone and prepared a place for me. Wow. Sometimes I can’t even fathom what that will look like, smell like or feel to the touch of my new heavenly body. It is going to be an amazing day when the time comes and until then, I want to be Kingdom minded until the Lord returns or takes me home.

So, welcome home 2010. I have been waiting for you. Come in, take your shoes off and sit and stay for a while.

No comments: