Thursday, March 18, 2010

My little lemon

It was almost four years ago that I saw her. She was the one. THE ONE. She had a little white star on the back of her furry neck and without a doubt, she stood out from all the others. There was something special about her that I just couldn't put my finger on. Until now.

After hip surgery, bad teeth, countless hours at the vet trying to figure out what she is allergic to, why she has something in the shape and color of a cherry in her eye, why she has to smell everything in sight, I have realized why she is so special. She is a lemon.

Bella is the Beagle who stole my heart almost four years ago. Not knowing what I know now, I probably still would have hand picked her even though I have spent more money on her then I spent as a down payment on my first house. She has the sweetest spirit, the calmest demeanor and wins at a staring contest every time.

As you approach the grand age of the big 0-4 Bella, you are my little lemon that I love. But I promise not to make lemonade out of you.

Happy almost Birthday, little one.

No comments: